Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus

Galatians 3:26 states: "For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus".

Paul goes on to talk about this subject in more detail and even states in chapter 4:7 "..but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ".

There has been a number of times in my life I had wished that I was born into a more wealthy family so that I could enjoy the priviledges that the family name and wealth would afford me.

And yet, according to God's word, I have been born into the wealthest family on planet Earth, well actually, the whole Universe. I know that I really don't act like I am part of His family at times (like most of the time). Any yet, when I do stop and meditate on what God has said (and therefore is true) it really causes me to consider how I think and how I behave.

How I think in that I really have nothing to worry about. My family has all the resources I will ever need to live this life. The wealth is boundless and given to me abundantly whenever I ask or need it. My issue lies not my family, but in my perspective and my perspective drives my reality. I need to ask God daily to keep my perspective true to His word and reality.

How I behave in that once I truely have the right perspective as to my new family, I will always strive to do things to make my family proud. I will seek to do the family's business and do it well.

I want my world to notice a difference in me and when they ask what it is, I can say "I am a son in God's family through Christ and you can be too."

Thoughts??

2 comments:

  1. Daaaaad! Don's hogging all the perspective agaaaiin!
    Seriously though, I too feel like I don't live with the right perspective too often. As you put it:
    "I want my world to notice a difference in me and when they ask what it is, I can say "I am a son in God's family through Christ and you can be too." - Dido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Don,
    None of us act like we are a member of God's family at times. This is where that justified word comes in. We are all sinners BUT we have the knowledge that we are forgiven by what happend on the Cross. I want to be able to say to to others: I am a child/daughter in God's family through Christ and you can be too. Thanks for giving me material to use!!

    ReplyDelete