Gal. 3:6-96The Scriptures say the same thing about Abraham: "Abraham believed God, and God accepted Abraham's faith, and that faith made him right with God". 7So you should know that the true children of Abraham are those who have faith. 8The Scriptures, telling what would happen in the future, said that God would make the non-Jewish people right through their faith. This Good News was told to Abraham beforehand, as the Scripture says" "All nations will be blessed through you." 9 So all who believe as Abraham believed are blessed just as Abraham was.
The Image here paints a vivid....picture... in the mind does it not? Looking at it invokes my imagination to role play the scene with my only son and myself as the characters and it begs the question: Would I do it? Would I even put my son on the altar and consider it, much less raise my arm with dagger in hand? How strong is my faith? My mental responce is usually "I don't think so Tim."
Question:
How can a Christian tell when he or she has stopped living by faith and started relying on "the flesh"
When you stop living by faith you worry constantly about everything and you have no peace - with Christ you still have the same problems but he gives you the strength, courage, comfort and hope to push forward through all of it -
ReplyDeleteGood point Cynthia. When we live in faith there is a peace that comes along. The other "gauge" I use in my life is that when I stop asking myself if I am living by faith, then I usually am not..!!
ReplyDeleteCindy, I agree completely. I have noticed this a lot in my life recently. The times during the day that I am living by faith, I am at peace even though nothing has changed with my situation. When I am focusing on the situation and not on God, my faith wanes and I am very discouraged.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder. I very much needed it today.
Have you guys seen the bumper stick that says:
ReplyDeleteNo God - No Peace
Know God - Know Peace
This about sums it up for believers.
Have an awesome day everyone!